There are some HSA plan changes currently being discussed in Washington D.C (in the form of S. 1098 & H.R. 2010).Â They would allow some improvements to the current HSA laws such as:
- Giving spouses the chance to make catch-up contributions to the same HSA.
- Eliminating discriminatory provisions against Medicare-eligible seniors so that they can continue to contribute to their HSAs.
- Expanding the ability of individuals to purchase medical and long-term care insurance with HSA dollars.
- Clarifying that prescription drugs used for preventative care purposes are not subject to HSA deductible requirements.
- Allowing for FSA funds to be rolled over from year-to-year, to promote more responsible spending and allow individuals more choice in how they may use their FSA dollars.
For source & more information go here: http://capwiz.com/nahu/issues/alert/?alertid=50781501&queueid=7046206181.