ThinkHR's Senior Legal Analyst, Kara Gorvo, answers employer questions about the COVID-19 vaccines. You can see the answers by clicking the links below:
- If employees are vaccinated, do employers still need to mandate mask wearing and social distancing in the office?
- With vaccines rolling out among select populations, can employers start to bring back vaccinated employees into the office? Is that wise? What should the considerations be?
- Is it ethical/legal to incentivize getting the vaccine? Do you think this response varies based on industry, e.g., healthcare vs financial planning?
- What are the legal implications if there are vaccination incentives, but an employee can’t get the vaccine for a reason they can’t control, e.g., medical condition, lack of supply, etc.?
- Can employees offer incentives to employees to take the vaccine? What would that look like and what are the pros and cons of that?
- Can employers mandate their employees get the COVID vaccine before coming back to the office?